We’re making a short compilation video of our undergraduate community sharing stories about politics, political science, and what this discipline means to them.
We’re looking for engaging videos where you tell us the most interesting thing you’ve learned in a POLI course this year.
Don’t hesitate to get creative, original, or quirky. But most of all, don’t hesitate to enter!
1st Prize for Best Overall Video: $250 to spend at the UBC Book Store
2nd and 3rd Prize: $150 to spend at the UBC Book Store
Raffle: Everyone who submits a video before the March 15th deadline will be entered in a draw to win one of five UBC hoodies (you pick the size and colour!)
- Contest participants must be current POLI Majors, Minors, Honours, or Combined Majors.
- Team submissions are welcome. Each member of a team will be entered into the raffle, but only one prize will be granted to a winning team to be shared amongst team members.
- Video submissions should be no more than two minutes long.
- To submit your video, post it on YouTube (unlisted is fine), and submit the link via the form below by the deadline along with your name, student number, email address, and completed waiver form. If submitting as a team, please include this information for all team members.
- Youtube stores data on servers located outside of Canada. If you have concerns about this, you are welcome to submit your video as an .mp4 file to our Communications person by the submission deadline. Please ensure that the subject line of your e-mail is “Video Contest.”
- Videos submitted by March 15 at 11:59 PM (Pacific) will be eligible to win a prize, and creators will be entered in the hoodie raffle.
- All entries must include a waiver form completed by everyone who appears in the video.
- Images, photos, diagrams or other visuals used in the video that are not created by the student must be properly credited and permission obtained prior to use. For more information see: https://copyright.ubc.ca/student-faq/
- Entries will be judged by a panel of POLI Faculty, staff, and a PSSA rep based on originality, the thought put into your concept/delivery