- “The Global Politics of the Business of ‘Sustainable’ Palm Oil,” Global Environmental Politics, 2018
- “The Politics of Pacific Ocean Conservation: Lessons from the Pitcairn Islands Marine Reserve,” Pacific Affairs, 2017 (with Justin Alger)
- Loggers and Degradation in the Asia-Pacific: Corporations and Environmental Management, 2001
See Peter Dauvergne's full profile here.
- Fragmenting Globalization: Global Value Chains and the Politics of Preferential Trade Agreements in China and the United States, 2021
- How China Sees the World: Insights from Chinese International Relations Scholars, 2019
- “Historical Ownership and Territorial Disputes”, Journal of Politics, 2020
Current research projects: SSHRC project on territorial disputes in Asia
See Xiaojun Li's full profile here
- Entrepreneurial States: Reforming Corporate Governance in France, Japan, and Korea. 2007
- The East Asian Covid-19 Paradox. Book under review 2020.
- Japan’s Leadership in the Liberal International Order.
Courses this term: POLI 513B 001 2020W Current Debates in Comparative Political Economy: Globalization and Democracy
Current research projects: Institutional Responses to AI-related Technological Disruption (with focus on Japan, Korea, Taiwan)
See Yves Tiberghien's full profile here
- "Singapore's Pandemic Election" Pacific Affairs, 2020.
- "Islamic Politics, Mobilisation, and the Indonesian Presidential Election" Political Science, 2018
- "Malapportionment in Myanmar's Elections" Contemporary Southeast Asia
See Kai Ostwald's full profile here
- “Authoritarian Deliberation: The Deliberative Turn in Chinese Political Development," 2011.
- “Authoritarian and Democratic Pathways to Meritocracy in China," 2020.
- “Can Meritocracy Replace Democracy? A Conceptual Framework." Philosophy and Social Criticism, 2020.
- "Voting behaviour under doubts of ballot secrecy: reinforcing dominant party rule," Democratization, 2023.
See Mark Warren's full profile here