- "On the Political Sociology of Intersectional Equality and Difference: Insights from Axel Honneth’s Recognition Theory," Social Theory and Practice, forthcoming.
- “Decolonizing Critical Theory,” Constellations, 2015
- The Rise and Fall of the Caucasian Race: A Political History of Racial Identity, 2006
Teaching 2023: POLI 547A: Topics in Political Theory
Current projects: Identities and Indignities: Critical Theory and the Politics of Equality, Identity, and Difference (book project)
See Bruce Baum's full profile here.
- “Democracy in contested territory: on the legitimacy of global legal pluralism,” Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy, forthcoming.
- “Critical International Political Theory,” Oxford Handbook of International Political Theory, 2018
- “Hannah Arendt reads Carl Schmitt’s The Nomos of the Earth: a dialogue on law and geopolitics from the margins,” European Journal of Political Theory, 2017
Teaching 2023: POLI 540A Core Seminar in Political Theory
Current research projects: Contested Territory: A Theory of Land and Democracy beyond the Bounds of Sovereignty (book manuscript in progress).
See Anna Jurkevics's full profile here
- Disability and Political Theory, (co-edited with Nancy Hirschmann), 2017
- Diverse Communities: The Problem with Social Capital, 2006
- ‘Disability, Self Image and Modern Political Theory’, Political Theory, 2009
Teaching 2023: POLI 523A Multiculturalism and Identity Politics
See Barbara Arneil's full profile here
POLI 521A Political Theory
POLI 523B Political Thought
POLI 547A Topics in Political Theory
Professor Barbara Arneil receives one of Canada’s highest honors by being appointed to the Order of Canada.
Op-Ed: “King Charles’s coronation: Should Canada become a republic?”
We’re Hiring: Merilees Chair for the Study of Democracy (Professor)