- Courting Gender Justice: Russia, Turkey, and the European Court of Human Rights , 2019.
- “Seeking better judgment: LGBT discrimination cases in Russia and at the European Court of Human Rights,” The International Journal of Human Rights, 2019.
- “Mixed signals: What Putin says about gender equality,” Post-Soviet Affairs, 2021.
- "Russian Women's Activism: Grassroots Persistence in the Face of Challenges," Women's Movements in the Global Era (Amrita Basu, ed.), 2018.
Current research projects:
- Activists in International Courts (SSHRC Partnership Development Grant)
- Everyday Activism in Russia (SSHRC Insight Grant)
See Lisa Sundstrom's full profile here
- Sexual Justice/Cultural Justice, 2006.
- Politics and Feminism, 1999.
- Gender, Diversity and Organizational Change: The Boy Scouts vs. Girl Scouts of America’, Perspectives on Politics, Special Issue on Gender, 2010.
- ‘Lactating Mothers in Parliament: Beyond Accommodation’, in Bittner and Thomas, Eds. Mothers and Others: The Role of Parenthood in Politics. 2017.
See Barbara Arneil's full profile here
- “Gender difference in willingness and capacity for deliberation.” Social Politics: International Studies in Gender, State & Society. 2020
Courses this year: POLI 521A Politics of Intersectionality
See Afsoun Afsahi's full profile here
Professor Barbara Arneil receives one of Canada’s highest honors by being appointed to the Order of Canada.
UBC Political Science is looking to fill up to two Lecturer positions
Alumnus Nojang Khatami highlights the role of the arts in the struggle against Iranian authoritarianism