Lisa Sundstrom - Feminist and LGBTQ activism in Russia; Gender equality cases in international courts; Gender and sport in international development
- Courting Gender Justice: Russia, Turkey, and the European Court of Human Rights , 2019.
- “Seeking better judgment: LGBT discrimination cases in Russia and at the European Court of Human Rights,” The International Journal of Human Rights, 2019.
- "Russian Women's Activism: Grassroots Persistence in the Face of Challenges," Women's Movements in the Global Era (Amrita Basu, ed.), 2018.
Current research projects:
- Activists in International Courts (SSHRC Partnership Development Grant)
- Everyday Activism in Russia (SSHRC Insight Grant)
See Lisa Sundstrom's full profile here
Barbara Arneil - Feminism and Political Theory, Disability, Parents and Politics, Cultural Difference in Gender Roles
- Sexual Justice/Cultural Justice, 2006.
- Politics and Feminism, 1999.
- Gender, Diversity and Organizational Change: The Boy Scouts vs. Girl Scouts of America’, Perspectives on Politics, Special Issue on Gender, 2010.
- ‘Lactating Mothers in Parliament: Beyond Accommodation’, in Bittner and Thomas, Eds. Mothers and Others: The Role of Parenthood in Politics. 2017.
See Barbara Arneil's full profile here
UBC Political Science alumna Dr. Afsoun Afsahi returns to department as Professor
January 29, 2021
Alumna Edana Beauvais hired as an assistant professor at SFU
January 15, 2021
In the Media
Prof. Lisa Sundstrom says “nothing has improved” with LGBTQ rights in Russia since 2014
September 30, 2020