Lisa Sundstrom - Feminist and LGBTQ activism in Russia; Gender equality cases in international courts; Gender and sport in international development
- Courting Gender Justice: Russia, Turkey, and the European Court of Human Rights , 2019.
- “Seeking better judgment: LGBT discrimination cases in Russia and at the European Court of Human Rights,” The International Journal of Human Rights, 2019.
- "Russian Women's Activism: Grassroots Persistence in the Face of Challenges," Women's Movements in the Global Era (Amrita Basu, ed.), 2018.
Current research projects:
- Activists in International Courts (SSHRC Partnership Development Grant)
- Everyday Activism in Russia (SSHRC Insight Grant)
See Lisa Sundstrom's full profile here
Barbara Arneil - Feminism and Political Theory, Disability, Parents and Politics, Cultural Difference in Gender Roles
- Sexual Justice/Cultural Justice, 2006.
- Politics and Feminism, 1999.
- Gender, Diversity and Organizational Change: The Boy Scouts vs. Girl Scouts of America’, Perspectives on Politics, Special Issue on Gender, 2010.
- ‘Lactating Mothers in Parliament: Beyond Accommodation’, in Bittner and Thomas, Eds. Mothers and Others: The Role of Parenthood in Politics. 2017.
See Barbara Arneil's full profile here
Alumni, Spotlight, Student
Dr. Richard Price’s class Professional Skills in Political Science connects our students and alumni
August 16, 2021
Announcement, Faculty, Spotlight
Incoming Political Science Professor Afsoun Afsahi explores when and how people are able to talk about conflicting values
June 30, 2021
UBC Political Science alumna Dr. Afsoun Afsahi returns to department as Professor
January 29, 2021