- The Comparative Politics of Immigration: Policy Choice in Germany, Canada, Switzerland, and the United States (2021)
- States against Migrants: Deportation in Germany and the United States (2009)
- “Human-capital Citizenship and the Changing Logic of Immigrant Admissions,” Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 2019
Current Courses: POLI 516C Debates in Migration and Citizenship
Research Project: Graphic Narratives of Migration.
See Antje Ellerman's full profile here
Research Project: Refugee Proximity and Support for Citizenship Exclusion in Africa.
See Yang-Yang Zhou's full profile here
- Immigration and the American Ethos (Cambridge University Press), 2020
- "Mass Opinion and Immigration Policy in the United States: Re-Assessing Clientelist and Elite Perspectives," Perspectives on Politics, 2016
- "Public Attitudes Toward Immigration Policy Across the Legal/Illegal Divide," Political Behavior, 2016
Research Project: Understanding public support for cultural pluralism in immigrant-receiving countries
See Matthew Wright's full profile here
The Centre for Migration Studies awarded funding through 2023
Prof. Yang-Yang Zhou examines the effects of sports and nationalism on attitudes towards refugees
Prof. Antje Ellermann steps up as head of the newly announced UBC Centre for Migration Studies