- Political Institutions and Practical Wisdom: Between Rules and Practice, 2018
- Strong Constitutions: Social-Cognitive Origins of the Separation of Powers, 2013
- New Institutions for Participatory Democracy in Latin America: Voice and Consequence (Edited), 2012
Current courses: POLI 516A Democratization
Current projects: Democracy and the Common Good
See Maxwell Cameron's full profile here.
- Distributed Democracy: Health Care Governance in Ontario, 2020
- "Role-playing in public engagement for housing for vulnerable populations: An experiment exploring its possibilities and limitations". Land Use Policy, 2020
- "Venue Coupling and Actor Circulation in Deliberative Systems: Health Care Governance in Ontario." Journal of Deliberative Democracy, 2020
Current projects: Role-playing in public engagement in local government contexts
See Carey Doberstein's full profile here.
- "Having Their Say: Authority, Voice, and Satisfaction with Democracy." Journal of Politics, 2019.
- "Political Conditions for Electoral Accountability in Federalism". Canadian Journal of Political Science, 2015.
- "Deliberation, information, and trust: The British Columbia citizens’ assembly as agenda setter", 2008.
See Fred Cutler's full profile here.
- “Democracy in contested territory: on the legitimacy of global legal pluralism,” Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy, forthcoming.
- “Critical International Political Theory,” with Seyla Benhabib, Oxford Handbook of International Political Theory, 2018
- “Hannah Arendt reads Carl Schmitt’s The Nomos of the Earth: a dialogue on law and geopolitics from the margins,” European Journal of Political Theory, 2017
Current research projects: Contested Territory: A Theory of Land and Democracy beyond the Bounds of Sovereignty (book manuscript in progress).
See Anna Jurkevics's full profile here
- "Four Arenas: Malaysia's 2018 Election, Reform, and Democratization" Democratization, 2020.
- "Explaining Elections in Singapore: Dominant Party Resilience and Valence Politics" Journal of East Asian Studies, 2018
See Kai Ostwald's full profile here.
- "A Problem-Based Approach to Democratic Theory." American Political Science Review, 2017
- “How Representation Enables Democratic Citizenship.” In Creating Political Presence: The New Politics of Democratic Representation, 2019
- “Authoritarian and Democratic Pathways to Meritocracy in China.” in Deparochializing Political Theory, 2020
Current courses: POLI 546D - Democratic Theory
See Mark Warren's full profile here
POLI 516A Democratization
POLI 523B: Critical Theory – Political Theory and the Problem of “Race”
POLI 546D - Democratic Theory