Lisa Sundstrom - Feminist and LGBTQ activism in Russia; Gender equality cases in international courts; Gender and sport in international development
- Courting Gender Justice: Russia, Turkey, and the European Court of Human Rights , 2019.
- “Seeking better judgment: LGBT discrimination cases in Russia and at the European Court of Human Rights,” The International Journal of Human Rights, 2019.
- "Russian Women's Activism: Grassroots Persistence in the Face of Challenges," Women's Movements in the Global Era (Amrita Basu, ed.), 2018.
Current research projects:
- Activists in International Courts (SSHRC Partnership Development Grant)
- Everyday Activism in Russia (SSHRC Insight Grant)
See Lisa Sundstrom's full profile here
Alumna Edana Beauvais hired as an assistant professor at SFU
January 15, 2021
In the Media
Prof. Lisa Sundstrom says “nothing has improved” with LGBTQ rights in Russia since 2014
September 30, 2020
PhD Grad Afsoun Afsahi Offered Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Germany
June 6, 2017